Robert J. Henkel, FACHE, is responsible for leading Ascension Health, the healthcare delivery subsidiary of Ascension, with more than 1,900 sites of care in 24 states and Washington, D.C. During his career, he has held executive leadership positions with numerous healthcare organizations, including the Daughters of Charity National Health System, Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami, SSM Health Care and Montefiore Medical Center.
- President, Healthcare Operations and Chief Operating Officer, Ascension Health
- President, Ascension Health Great Lakes and Mid-Atlantic States Operating Group
- University of Pittsburgh, M.P.H.
- Union College, Schenectady, New York, B.A.
- Fellow, American College of Healthcare Executives
- Member, Healthcare Executives Network
- Named a University of Pittsburgh Legacy Laureate
- Board Chair, Catholic Health Association
- Board Member, United Way of Greater St. Louis, the Coalition to Protect America’s Health Care