Sister Maureen McGuire, DC, leads strategy and initiative development to make evident the identity of Ascension as a ministry of the Catholic Church and support full integration of the Mission and Values in workplace spirituality; ethics; Ecclesial relations; associate, physician and board formation; spiritual care; and collaborative endeavors such as care for the poor and vulnerable and Model Community.
Sister Maureen joined what is now Ascension in 1996, serving in Mission leadership roles in Western New York health ministries. She has held various service and leadership roles in professional social work.
- Vice President, Service Culture Development, Catholic Health System of Western New York, Buffalo
- Vice President of Mission Integration, Mount St. Mary's Hospital and Health Center, Lewiston, New York
- Vice President of Mission Integration, Sisters of Charity Hospital, Buffalo, New York
- Supervisor, Family Life Bureau, Diocese of Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Executive Director, Catholic Family and Community Services, Albany, New York
- Formation Directress, Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul
- Temple University, Philadelphia, MSW
- St. Joseph College, Emmitsburg, Maryland, B.A.
- Honorary Doctorate, Aquinas Institute of Theology, St. Louis