At Ascension, we advocate for policies that support our Mission, Vision and Values. We are focused on priorities that enable us to deliver personalized care to all and that advocate for a compassionate and just society.
Ascension is active on issues impacting:
- Access to affordable healthcare for low-income, uninsured populations, including protecting the integrity of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) and expanding Medicaid.
- Drug pricing to ensure continued access to affordable prescriptions
- Delivery system reform, including approaches that seek to establish a strong primary care foundation for our healthcare system, accountable care organizations and value-based care.
- Patient safety through reduction in preventable hospital acquired conditions and hospital readmissions.
- Access to behavioral and mental health services.
- Expansion of virtual care and telemedicine.
- Improved community health, with a focus on equity and elimination of unjust barriers.
Learn more about our perspectives on these issues by visiting our newsroom.