Your Move Chess is a program implementing after-school chess in the Ferguson-Florissant School District and other schools in the St. Louis area. Together, we can improve overall community wellness by stimulating the minds of youth.
- Chess encourages the kind of thinking that empowers players and strengthens their problem-solving skills.
- Students learn tools from the game that can positively influence their academic performance.
- The fun, safe environment of an after-school program benefits students, their families and the community at large.
- YouTube - Ascension Your Move Chess (video)
- Ascension - Ascension Providing Hope through Chess to Students in Ferguson-Florissant School District
- CBS St. Louis - "New Chess Program Begins in Ferguson-Florissant District"
- Education Week - "Cultivating Young Chess Masters in Some of St. Louis' Poorest Schools"
- St. Louis Public Radio - "On Chess: Your Move Chess program stimulates minds of youth"
- The Huffington Post - "Instilling Hope and Empowering Youth in Ferguson Through Chess"
- PRWeek - "After-school chess plays well in Ferguson"
- YOUTHtoday - "Ferguson Puts Chess in Schools to Help Students"
- WBUR - "Troubled Ferguson Schools Try Something New: Chess"
- The Daily Signal - "Nonprofit Health System Executive Brings After-School Chess Program to Ferguson-Florissant Schools"
- St. Louis American - "Ferguson gets after-school chess program thanks to Ascension, St. Louis Chess Club and Scholastic Center partnership"
- Town and Style - "Mind Training"
- WORLD - "Chess helps Ferguson students cope with lingering trauma"