The Resource Group, LLC, a subsidiary of Ascension, has been nationally ranked at No.12 for healthcare supply chain organizations and No. 4 among healthcare providers. The Resource Group was evaluated along with 182 other healthcare supply chain organizations for this Gartner research survey in 2014. Gartner is an American information technology firm.

“These results are a reflection of the ongoing, collaborative leadership across every Ministry Market and subsidiary across Ascension. The Resource Group is privileged to serve and support the people and processes that have led to this ranking,” said Scott Caldwell, CEO of The Resource Group. “This transformational work and increased recognition from peers and analysts raised The Resource Group and Ascension in the rankings after debuting in 2013 at No. 25.”

The Resource Group provides group purchasing organization services as well as change management, operations and logistics, implementation, and User-Directed Strategic Sourcing solutions to the Ministry Markets of Ascension as well as external group purchasing organization (GPO) participants. Criteria such as peer and analyst votes accounted for 70 percent of the health systems’ composite score, while Truven Health Analytics scores and bond ratings accounted for the remaining 30 percent.