The Wichita (Kansas) Business Journal’s 2019 list of Health Care Heroes includes 41 awards, including nine categories that will be presented to 13 Ascension Via Christi and Ascension Medical Group Via Christi caregivers and volunteers at an Aug. 1 banquet.
This year’s list includes:
- Administrative Excellence: Philip Newlin, MD, and Claudio Ferraro, Ascension Medical Group Via Christi
- Community Outreach: Shannon Little-Haines, Cancer Outreach and Risk Assessment
- International Outreach: Lisa Gilbert, MD, Ascension Via Christi International Family Medicine Residency Program
- Health Care Educators: Toni Howard, RN, Ascension Via Christi St. Joseph NewLife Center
- Health Care Volunteers: JJ Sorochty, Ascension Via Christi Oncology Patient and Family Advisory Council, and Debbie Hernandez Mitchell
- Nurses: Julianna Rieschick, Ascension Via Christi St. Joseph
- Paramedics: Leigh Chambers, RN, Ascension Via Christi St. Francis Emergency Department
- Pharmacy: Lyndsey Buzzard and Meghan Haftman, Ascension Medical Group Via Christi
- Physicians: Ortho oncologist Christopher Halphen, DO, and pediatrician Camilo Palacio, MD, Ascension Medical Group Via Christi
“This is an exceptional group of nominees and an impressive number of honorees,” said Don King, Ascension Via Christi chief executive officer and Kansas Ministry Market Executive. “It is gratifying to see our ministry’s work recognized by the community. Please join me in congratulating them and the other honorees, which includes a number of our community partners.”
All the honorees will be profiled in a special section of the Aug. 2, issue of the Wichita Business Journal.