AMITA Health is launching new hospital naming conventions for its legacy Presence Health facilities.
Presence Health joined Ascension and AMITA Health, the Chicago-based partnership between Ascension’s Alexian Brothers Health System and Adventist Midwest Health, earlier this year.
- The new names of the Presence Health hospitals and medical centers are:
- AMITA Health Holy Family Medical Center Des Plaines
- AMITA Health Mercy Medical Center Aurora
- AMITA Health Saint Joseph Hospital Elgin
- AMITA Health Resurrection Medical Center Chicago
- AMITA Health Saint Francis Hospital Evanston
- AMITA Health Saint Joseph Hospital Chicago
- AMITA Health Saints Mary and Elizabeth Medical Center Chicago
- AMITA Health Saint Joseph Medical Center Joliet
- AMITA Health St. Mary’s Hospital Kankakee
“While the most noticeable change to the facility names is the addition of AMITA Health in place of Presence Health, there are a few other updates that reflect a consistent naming convention across all facilities,” said Deborah Fullerton, Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, AMITA Health. “This includes the addition of the city or village to the name to help differentiate between campuses.”
More than 400 names will be transitioned to these new naming conventions. One exception is Rainbow Hospice, which will retain its name until March 2020 but will now be branded as AMITA Health Rainbow Hospice.
The initial rebranding includes all web and social media platforms, followed by signage in the new year.
“Starting next month, we will introduce Presence Health associates to the AMITA Health Mission, Vision and Values. We will retain the Presence graphic to visually illustrate these Values,” Deborah said.