Hospitals & Health Networks magazine recently announced its 2015 list of the Most Wired Hospitals and Health Systems — based on an industry-standard benchmarking study — and a number of Ascension Health Ministries made the cut.
The survey used to develop the list measures an organization's level of information technology (IT) adoption. Those recognized maximize their investment in technology to provide the highest quality services for their patients and care providers. The survey received information from nearly 40 percent of America's hospitals.
In addition to naming the Most Wired Hospitals, the program also separately recognized improvement with the Most Improved award and achievements in small and rural hospitals with the Most Wired — Small and Rural designation. The Ascension Health Ministries appearing on the lists are:Most Wired
- Ministry Mercy Medical Center, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- Ministry Saint Clare's Hospital, Weston, Wisconsin
- Ministry St. Elizabeth Hospital, Appleton, Wisconsin
- St. Vincent's Birmingham, Alabama
- St. Vincent's Blount, Oneonta, Alabama
- St. Vincent's East, Birmingham
- St. Vincent's St. Clair, Pell City, Alabama
- Via Christi Health, Kansas
Most Wired — Small and Rural
- Ministry Calumet Medical Center, Chilton, Wisconsin
- Alexian Brothers Health System, Illinois
To appear on the list, a hospital had to meet specific requirements in each of four focus areas: infrastructure, business and administrative management, clinical quality and safety, and clinical integration.
To view the complete list and more of the information uncovered as part of the survey, visit the July issue of Hospitals & Health Networks magazine online