As the healthcare environment rapidly evolves to a more consumer-centric approach, Ascension’s ability to create a seamless end-to-end experience for those we serve – including improved patient access and navigation, customer service, and care coordination – will be vital to continued success in achieving our Mission.
Late last year Ascension Texas took a big step in that direction with the opening of a premier command center called the GoodHealth Solutions Center, which facilitates continuity of care, patient access and customer service, and optimized system capacity and efficiency. It puts the patient at the center, focusing on greater consumer engagement and a consistent consumer experience.
The GoodHealth Solutions Center is one centralized location to help coordinate care that is focused on patient needs and provider support. Local residents no longer need to scour the Internet to find the right provider, or wait to speak to a scheduler.
“With GoodHealth, Ascension Texas is realizing the next step in its vision for healthcare for Central Texas,” said Craig Cordola, Senior Vice President, Ascension Healthcare, and Ministry Market Executive, Ascension Texas.
GoodHealth’s multidisciplinary team offers easy access to care. As the first of its kind in the nation, the GoodHealth Solutions Center offers Central Texans the ability to make one call for assistance. The Solutions Center:
- Schedules appointments for any Ascension Texas health services, including at Seton Healthcare Family in Austin and Providence Healthcare Network in Waco
- Coordinates patient admissions, transfers, provider referrals and bed management
- Provides a nurse advice line 24/7
- Connects patients to disease management and home monitoring services
- Provides remote patient monitoring, central telemetry and other services
- Offers a variety of health and wellness services
- Supports physician-to-physician and physician-to-patient telehealth
Through the GoodHealth Digital Clinic mobile app, patients can see an Ascension Medical Groupdoctor in Texas virtually through their smartphone or computer, all at the convenience of home or work.
“We’re one resource for when you’re feeling bad, when you need help, but also for your wellness,” said Mark Steiger, Seton’s Director of Virtual Care and Innovation. “We can help you decide which care option is best for you that day and also how that integrates with the rest of the care that you’re getting.”
Click here for a brief video taken at the opening of the GoodHealth Solutions Center.