St. Vincent Heart Center, in the Ascension Indiana Ministry Market, was named one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics ... the only hospital in Indiana to receive this honor.
The Truven Health 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals study is an annual, objective, quantitative study that identifies the nation’s best providers of cardiovascular care, based on publicly available data and a balanced look at clinical, operational and financial performance metrics. Hospitals do not apply, and winners do not pay to market their honor. St.Vincent Heart Center has been recognized as one of the nation’s Top 50 Cardiovascular Hospitals six times.
“Our goal is to provide the highest quality of care to our patients, and we are fortunate to have such an amazing and dedicated staff whose work continues to be recognized outside of our organization,” said Blake Dye, President, St. Vincent Heart Center. “We are honored to have received this recognition.”
According to Truven, the 2017 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals had:
- Significantly higher inpatient survival than non-winning cardiovascular hospitals (25 to 55 percent higher)
- Fewer patients with complications (20 to 22 percent fewer)
- Higher 30-day survival rates for acute myocardial infarction (AMI), heart failure (HF) and coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) patients (0.5 to 1.1 percentage points higher)
- Lower readmission rates for AMI, HF and CABG patients (0.5 to 1.2 percentage points lower)
- Average lengths of stay for CABG patients that were one day lower (0.3 to 0.5 days lower than the other patient groups)
- $1,200 to $6,100 less in total costs per patient case
Truven Health Analytics is a provider of information and solutions to improve the cost and quality of healthcare.